Tuesday, February 9, 2010

the slow and painful slog back to wellness

you probably thought that you were going to read about my physio and such. ha! not even close!

was to see the chiro today for the first time in a couple weeks, and to start getting my alignment taken care of. the chiro has been down in some warm climate and that just makes me grumpy. but she has brought back an unexpected souvenier and is so ill that she can't even get out of bed. so they cancelled this week's appts. too bad as i was going to start accupuncture on thurs.

so, for a change, i was up and dressed and ready for to go when the kids were picked up for school. most days, since getting sick, i have just headed back to bed. i confess to spending some time reading, but actually have put in some time cleaning. yes, its true, i am doing housework! worse, i am bragging about it! now you all know just how big a sloth i have been! lol.

i have decided that for my emotional wellbeing, i must attain a noticeable goal. its not enough for me to state that i actually worked for 40 minutes straight, which is a new best for me (post infection, etc). instead, i have a very clean window in my bedroom. i can look at it and see that i have actually done something. the rest of the time was spent in unnoticeable gains, as things have gotten very very bad while i have been sick. i have two bags of trash out, and a bag of clothes ready and growing for pick up on friday. yesterday i cleaned the ceiling fans. two bright and shiny achievements (or does it count as five, as i cleaned one window and three ceiling fans yesterday and one window today?). and i am not all out of breath and sweaty, which must mean that i am gaining strength. and mobility, as my arm really isn't causing me distress. if i think about it hard enough, my arm doesn't move like it should yet, and is noticeablly weak. but considering that it hasn;t been used properly since last march, that i am able to use it at all is celebration to me!

i now need to take a break. hey, maybe ryan and i should go for a walk on this beautiful sunny day! or is that pushing it?
isn't it amazing how energy inspires energy?