Tuesday, March 2, 2010

how much longer until sunshine?

Maybe the doctor would write me a prescription to send me someplace sandy and warm? I hate all this grey weather. My arm is doing well, but I have a bad case of the uglies. I am seeing a new doctor tomorrow that my family dr has referred me to, a psycho-therapist, i believe, so that he can look at my meds and make some adjustments. Everything seems so disconnected, out of joint. I thought I would be feeling so much better with my arm back in use. But instead, I am feeling so overwhelmed with everything that needs to be done. I AM getting what needs to be done, done. But it doesn't feel good enough, fast enough, something. Time to start doing those charts, and crossing things off as they get done, so that I can see what I HAVE accomplished, instead of focusing on what I still need to do!
Adam is starting a new program at Queens University tomorrow. Its thru the psych department, but it is a much more thorough testing than he has ever had. I am not expecting a different diagnosis than ADHD, but perhaps we will learn different coping skills. I really hate how the meds slow him down so much, at times he is almost zombie like. There should be a middle ground for him, something that slows him down so that he can focus, but allows him to keep his personality. Again, he will do better when the weather changes, as he will be able to get out and run more.