Friday, August 14, 2009

status report

surgery went well. it was just much more intrusive than i was expecting! i assumed that a biopsy was just a really big needle. it was a two inch incision, and staples. pain was never huge, just horribly uncomfortable . i have morphine for pain. i am much more comfortable today. the swelling is down (even my hand was swollen). we returned to the hospital the day of surgery, as i was bleeding, and learned that this was pretty normal. they packed th arm and sent me home with an extra shot of morphine. i am having a hard time sleeping, finally slept last night with the sling on and my hand propped up. i am at high risk for a break, with the bone in a fragile state. this is stressful for me. greg has been awesome through all this. i don't know how i could go thru this without him. we are now in wait mode again, needing the biop results before we can plan for surgery.
its hard for me to type with only one hand so there may not be many updates on here.