Monday, July 20, 2009

The BIG VISIT

The doctor's appointment was relatively easy. I guess the hard parts were the tests! Results are in and its mostly good news! It appears that the growth is only in the arm, that it hasn't metastatised from another location. This is really really good news. The is one spot on my liver that they want to test, but suspect that it is not related and is just an anomaly. They believe that they are dealing with a sarcoma that has started in the bone and worked its way out. Next step is a biopsy of the mass. That will probably be next week. This week is apparently all booked up. There is a two week wait, following the biopsy, for the results to be back in. That will be the hard wait, because once that is over, we can book surgery and get on with it! I asked for a sling, the ones that you buy at the drug store are crap. This one is a bit of overkill, with a couple of special supports, but i I figured that I am going to be needing it after the surgery as well. Of course, wearing it means answering more questions. So the kids are going to have to be brought online fairly soon, so that they have the right information, and not just what they happen to overhear.

But I am so happy and relieved. Praise God. I can handle this.