Wednesday, July 8, 2009

MRI Update

So, I confess, I am a huge wuss. And I was really worried about this test. It turns out that most of my fears were right on the mark. It is hard to breathe during an MRI. It is tight and close and tomb like. But the techs were really awesome and when I thought that we were going to have to cancel the test, and rebook, with anesthetic, the one tech suggested taking a break and trying a different position. It was horribly hard for me, and somewhat painful (needed to have my arm above my head for 45 minutes) but I could hold on to the one end of the machine, to know where I was, and I could breathe in air that wasn't blowing directly on me. So she got me through it. Phew. Stress has every possible body part hurting tonight. But we got through it. Next step is the doctor's appt on the 20th. We will hopefully be developing a plan at that point. If things fell perfectly in to place, the kids are already booked away the following week, and that would be an amazing time for them to book the biopsy. But things seldom work out perfectly.