Tuesday, September 1, 2009

osteomylitis

welcome to the word of the day, kids. Osteomylitis is what the dr says is what was in my arm to start with. apparently, this was in the bone, and sort of sitting there for a while. It has been bumped out, or burst out or something. And then just sort of sat there, aggravating itself now and then. When they went in to do the biopsy, there were no tumour cells, and no infection that showed up on the pathology. However, the dr says that he believes that there was a dormant infection in the middle of it all that got stirred up. He also says that the staph infection that I am now being treated for was likely introduced during the biopsy. While I agree with him that it is far easier to be dealing with a staph infection and antibiotics, rather than chemo and steel rods, a part of me is feeling rather grumpy that I wouldn't have been dealing with the staph except that THEY introduced it!