Tuesday, September 1, 2009

shake up in post surgery plan

No matter how carefully we plan things, reality will sneak up on you and wreck those plans.

James is not able to take the compassionate leave that we had planned on. He is unable to stay in Kingston and care for the children. So, we are coming up with new plans. I will just need to do my recuperating during the day, after we get the kids to school. Thank God for Greg, he was right there, immediately pledging his support. Friends and neighbours will help, too. And I will need to adhere to the plan, as I am at risk of a relapse or aggravation of the infection and injury. The bone is still very precarious though we are hoping for full regrowth and stability. Apparently, it could heal itself, but that will take about 18 weeks. I am not to be lifting and carrying, or weight bearing for that length of time.

Its amazing how stress creeps up on you. You would think that, while I am in the hospital, I would be able to just breathe, and not worry or get stressed out. But life carries on, and stress happens.