Tuesday, September 1, 2009

scary new info

Just as I was about to prepare to be discharged, Josh, my surgeon, came up tonight and said that we had to have a talk. New results from the biopsy done at my surgery have shown what appears to be breast cancer cells. While these cells have been removed from my arm, we now need to know how bad it is with my breasts. I had a mammogram in late January with an ultrasound done on a spot that my doctor thought was slightly denser. Both came back fine. So, I am hopeful that this means things were caught early, though it seems strange that my arm started hurting in March and in April was xrayed. That seems really too close to the mammogram to have enough time to metastatize (sp). But we will have a great deal more information soon. I am having a mammogram tomorrow and probably a full MRI as well. They have already spoke to the anesthetist and he is going to put me out for the MRI (last time, the sedation did not sedate, so they need to do it with me fully knocked out to have success). I have good people looking out for me, and I believe that good things are coming. I thought that the good times were here, but I guess I need to get thru this bump first.