Thursday, September 3, 2009

The weirdness continues

Ok, so I went for the mammogram yesterday, and they had the doctor immediately look at it, given the situation. It was fine. Everything was clear. The girls showed no signs of anything unusual.

SO, the new game plan is to hand me over to oncology to be treated as an outpatient for further testing. Incredible. I am emotionally exhausted, and no longer know what to think about anything. It appears that I am being released from the hospital today, to continue the antibiotics thru home care. The arm itself is looking good, healing well. It will be considered "broken" for several weeks, up to about 18 weeks, while the bone (hopefully) regenerates itself. We hope that the antibiotics continue to do their job, and that there is no recurrence of infection. And we carry on, taking things day by day. It all feels like a cosmic joke, but I am certain that there are many people out there experiencing similar situations.