Thursday, October 15, 2009

MRI and follow up appt

Sorry, I missed an update there, what with sleeping off the anesthetic.

MRI was really a no-brainer. Very kewl Dr in the house, Dr Norris, who was administering happy drugs, she is a cancer survivor, and I would have enjoyed talking to her more, but she waved byebye and gave me some more happy juice.

Went in today to see the Gynecologist. She had all the reports, including yesterdays. They have found a small lesion on my right breast. Its about 2 mm. They need to do a needle biopsy of it. If it is cancer, it changes things. It means that the cancer cells in my arm are indeed metastisized cancer cells. Jumping ahead of the game, it means that I will require chemo as well as the radiation that we had already planned on. I think that its important to note that its a very small lesion, and we had all been very puzzled with breast cancer in the arm but nowhere else. I will be pushing for estrogen suppresants now, and quite possibly for my ovaries to be removed completely. But I will wait to talk to Dr Mates, as she is the captain of this ship. The biopsy can be done over the next couple weeks, before the antibiotics are finished, which is nice, given that everything else is on hold until we finish the antibiotics.

But we will still take things one day at a time.

Tomorrow, I am off to find campkits for the boys, as they go to a Beavers daycamp on Saturday.
And some long sleeved shirts for Ryan, who insists on pictures on his shirts. I tried to convince him that he could wear a long sleeved shirt UNDER the picture tshirt, but he says that that doesn't count. Sigh. 5 is a very hard age to be.