Friday, October 30, 2009

new appt

I am having the ultrasound of the breast on Monday, Nov 2. If they don't see what they are looking for, they may or may not do a needle biopsy.

I have found an online group (www.networkofstrength.org) for women with breast cancer, that has a number of women who are very educated in the ways of breast cancer. Its been a good opportunity for me to tell my story and get some feedback. Many people are telling me to push for additional testing and for a study to be made of what other pathologies were done in the lab the day they did mine, wondering about possible contamination of specimen. They have offered up two other possible solutions to problem....1) that originating cancer cells, assume in breast, the body took over and fixed or got rid of. 2) that, during fetal development, some breast tissue was misplaced in arm. In my opinion, if second one is possibility, then radical measures to protect me should be considered, including pulling all estrogen producing parts and proactive massectomy. but first we need to get my arm fixed before we tackle the next steps. It was just really good to find a site whete people could offer some perspective to what I am going thru. I was hoping to meet somebody else with similar circumstances but that hasnt happened yet.