Saturday, October 3, 2009

And now its time for the NEXT curveball!

Ok, so curveballs are not generally announced ahead of time, but this is a blog, and you do need a title.

James (the children's father, who lives in Ottawa and is in the military) called me yesterday morning, and told me that he, personally, had been requested to serve as assistant to a general or something, in Afghanistan, for a year, with a deparature 30 days from now. He wanted to know, given what is happening here, and will be happening here, was it feasible for him to accept the mission. I said I would do my own staff check, but seriously, if he is asking me, then he has already made up his own mind, and he is already going, at least in his own head. But I did my staff checks, and most of us agree that a) it would be harder on the wknds, with no break, but Greg *could* give up his Saturday job, to help out b) there would be more money coming in for help, so we could hire help c) less bouncing around for the kids would probably mean less outbursts, and definitely less transition time. And we are already doing it, without him, most days. So we all agreed that it really wasn't a problem for him to go.

By the time he came last night to pick the kids up, the woohoo had been downgraded to 6 mths, and only a maybe, that he would find out this coming week if it was a go. He had previously made it sound like it was absolutely happening, that he was the one going, as long as his checks fell into place. I fell for it again. He has done this to me so many times, put me in a position of hurrying to sort things out, only for it to not happen. Maybe its military life, but I think its his "woohoo, I am going to war" attitude that converts everything into a hurry up situation.

I am getting my first xrays of the arm since the hospital on Oct 30th. We get to see what, if any, regrowth is happening. May be wishful thinking, but it certainly is stronger, and some of the ouch issues may simply be because I haven't been using it, and it just needs physio. But I am not to try to use it until he gives the go-ahead. I mean, I use it, I only wear the sling outside the house, but to actually start lifting things, and pushing things, thats on a wait until healed.

Immunotec (www.immunotec.com/dragonfly1) has a wonderful new product that has just been released that was meant just for people like me! Its a probiotic with cranberry. Being on antibiotics means that ALL flora gets killed off in your stomach and intestinal tract. I eat yoghurt daily, but taking something with specific probiotics in higher amounts, and cranberry, which is a cleanser and can protect you from certain infections, can only be better than yoghurt alone.

I think I am feeling more energy this week. I have certainly not had to sleep as much this week as previous weeks. So that is good. I am still taking advantage of the children being away by staying in my pajamas for a good long while today! The nurse has been, so I am going to go back to bed and read a book.

Hope everybody has a good weekend.